Wednesday 3 October 2007

7 Tanka in English 英語の短歌

1
Driving for hours,
made it to Seaside.
You ask if I’m alone,
if I know you moved
furniture closer for us.


2
You say let’s talk more
about weekends together
at Carson Hot Springs,
how they were good times,
and that I can see anyone too.


3
Even if we were
to stop calling each other
darling, walking home alone
in the dark, we’d see
the same moon all over town.


4
Returning from
our favorite café,
I hold you tight, when
you are cold,
as if neighbors could see.


5
As long as we can be here
let’s stay together
you say in our house,
while I go to work,
late grading at a café.


6
After a friend flew
back to Chicago, we went
to Port Townsend, taking
so many pictures in black and white
smiling in each one.


7
I was turning right
while you would go straight,
toward I-5 North
the last time I saw you
in the rearview mirror.

No comments: